Our Choice Recommendation
- Ideal Solar Outdoor Lights: 27 ft long durable string lights with 12 LED lights and detachable solar panel with...
- Commercial Grade WeatherProof Patio Lights with Shatterproof S14 Bulbs: Brightech’s Ambience Pros hanging string...
- Flexible Installation & Widely used Patio Lights: Solar patio lights string don't need an outlet, place the solar...
What are solar string lights?
How do you use these lights?
Are there many different types of solar rope lights or different names for the same product?
Solar lights, sometimes known as solar fairy lights, are small strands of lights designed to run on solar energy. They use the power of the sun instead of electricity or batteries to operate. These lights come with a solar panel to use for charging throughout the day so they can run at night.
There are many different styles, sizes, lengths, and more to pick from when choosing your solar string lights. These lights provide an eco-friendly way to add some ambience and light to your outdoor spaces, and they make it easy to decorate your yard without contributing to your energy bill.
In this article, we’ll show you five of our favorite solar-powered string lights so you can pick the ones that work best for your yard.
Read on to find the perfect solar LED string lights below.
Semilits Solar String Lights
The Semilits Solar String Lights come in a set of 20 bee-shaped LED lights on a 16-foot-long strand. These lights include a convenient solar panel designed to mount easily in the ground. The panel can be positioned wherever you need it to pick up the most sunlight, and the bee lights can run for several hours on a single charge.
- The lights come with everything needed to mount the solar panel right out of the box.
- The lights hold up well when exposed to mild weather such as rain and wind.
- The included solar panel may not work very well after just a few months, and it is impossible to change it for a new solar panel replacement.
- The cord may short out quickly on these lights in some instances, especially when used in temperatures that are too high or too low.
Outdoor Solar String Lights
Set up these Outdoor Solar String Lights for all sorts of different decorating ideas. These lights come in a pack of two and include 100 LED lights on each individual strand. The strands measure 33 feet in length each, so you have a total of 66 feet of lighting to work with. The lights are mounted on a thin copper wire that allows you to move and bend them wherever you need them. Fill a jar with these bright and friendly lights or curl them around your favorite outdoor décor to enjoy hours of ambience.
- These lights come in both a warm white and a cool white option as well as multiple length and size options.
- The lights include eight different modes such as chasing, twinkling, slow fading, steady, and more.
- The lights can become tangled up very easily because of the thin wire they’re mounted on.
- The sensor on the lights may not trigger easily when they are exposed to other bright outdoor lighting.
Gigalumi 2 Pack Solar String Lights
When you’re looking for something with a hint of delicate style and feminine décor, consider the Gigalumi 2 Pack Solar String Lights. These lights come in a set of two strands. Each strand is 23 feet long and features 50 total miniature flower-shaped LED lights in multicolors. Both strands come with their own individual mini solar panels you can position in a window or in direct sunlight outdoors for maximum charging effectiveness.
- The lights can run for up to 10 hours at night on a single charge from direct sunlight all day.
- These lights and the included solar panels provide waterproof lighting solutions for outdoor use.
- The lights don’t shine brightly enough for the shape of the flowers to show up during the night.
- The lights may arrive not working out of the box, although the company is easy to work with to receive replacement products if this happens.
Lemontec Solar String Lights
The Lemontec Solar String Lights come in a convenient pack of two so you can easily bring home enough lights for any outdoor space. These lights charge throughout the day using the included solar panel and provide multicolored lighting throughout the night. They are designed to look like large droplets of water so you can easily create the perfect unique ambience in your yard or on your porch or patio. These lights make decorating simple and fun.
- The lights come with everything you need to mount and install them, including a spike for positioning the solar panel in the ground.
- The lights feature 20 feet with 30 total LED lights on a single strand.
- The lights require direct sunlight, so they won’t operate if the solar panel is kept in a place without a lot of light throughout the day.
- The lights are somewhat heavy and may droop or sag easily when hung in place.
Brightech Ambience Pro
The Brightech Ambience Pro lighting system provides 27 feet of high-quality, durable lighting perfect for outdoor use. This offer holds up well when exposed to inclement weather and includes a sturdy solar panel that can be mounted in the yard or clipped to the side of your home for ideal lighting exposure any time. The setup comes with vintage-style lightbulbs that hang wherever you need them most.
- This set of lights also comes in a 48-foot option so you can find the right fit for your outdoors pace.
- The lights can run for up to six hours of light on a six-hour charge when the solar panel is mounted in broad daylight.
- The length of the lights comes partly from the cord leading from the lights to the solar panel, so the string does not include 27 feet of lighted space.
- The lights are not as bright as some of the others on the list, and overcast days may keep them from lighting to their full potential.
Did you find the right lights for your needs? There are so many different types to choose from that it may take a while to narrow down the options. Remember that solar outdoor string lights work as well as electrical ones and provide plenty of additional benefits, so no matter which ones you choose, you’re sure to be pleased with the results.
Here are some pros of solar string lights:
- These lights cut down on your energy bill since they don’t require anything except the sun to operate.
- The lights come in many styles so you can easily find one that suits your personality and your home décor.
- The lights can be mounted easily and quickly without the need for difficult wiring or confusing setups.
And here are some cons:
- Solar panels can be tricky to position in just the right spot, and they may not always get enough sun to power your lights.
- These lights usually can’t be fixed when they break. It may be impossible to access the solar battery or to change the included solar panel when something goes wrong.
Keep this information in mind as you move forward with your shopping. Take your time choosing, and pick from the list above to make sure you bring home a high-quality item you’ll love!
Last update on 2022-07-10 at 12:38 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.