Our Choice Recommendation
No products found.
What is a solar phone charger?
What is the minimum output required for a solar battery charger?
Can you use a solar cell phone charger for tablets and laptops as well?
A solar USB charger is a type of phone charger designed to use the power of the sun instead of electricity or a battery. It absorbs solar energy and uses that energy to charge cell phones and, sometimes, other devices.
Some of these chargers use USB ports while others don’t. Most are made for specific types of phones, and some are designed to be more universal. Most solar phone chargers are meant to be portable so you can pack them when camping or hiking and stay in touch without electricity access.
When picking one of these chargers, it’s important to pay attention to the specs of each one. A good solar phone charger should have at least 1 amp of current and give at least 5 watts of power, but the more the better.
In this article, we’ll review solar phone charger options to help you find the best fit for your needs. These chargers come in a variety of different types, so take your time considering the choices listed her to find the one that works best for you, your phone, and your situation.
Let us review solar charger products for you. From there, you can compare the choices and make the right decision the first time. Take a look at these offers listed below to find out more!
Foxelli Dual USB Solar Charger
The Foxelli Dual USB Solar Charger features a convenient folding design that keeps it portable and ready for adventure. This option works with USB-charged devices that carry 5V DC input voltage, which includes most modern devices.
- This thin and lightweight product weighs just over a pound, so it won’t weigh you down hiking.
- The charger comes with carabiners to hook it to a backpack.
- Some customers may have trouble with the display on this offer becoming unreadable quickly.
- This offer requires direct sunlight to work.
Eceen Solar Charger Panel
The Eceen Solar Charger Panel comes in both a black and a camo-print version. This folding charger features two wide panels and a durable nylon/polyester zippered carrying case. This choice also comes with carabiners for convenient packing while hiking or camping.
- This charger works on USB-charged devices and provides nearly universal charging capabilities.
- This option weighs less than one pound.
- This charger works slowly and may take too much time for some customers.
- The charger is not waterproof and hold up well even in light rains for most customers.
RAVPower Solar Charger 16W Solar Panel
The No products found. charges two devices at the same time and features a convenient fold-out design with plenty of solar charging space. This offer connects to most modern smart devices and provides convenient USB-based charging on the go. This choice travels easily thanks to its thin, folding design.
- The charger comes with two included USB charging cables.
- This option weighs just over a pound, making it easy to travel with when camping or hiking.
- If used on sand or concrete, this choice will likely overheat and malfunction.
- If any issue occurs, you must unplug your phone and plug it in again to start it charging once again.
Anker 15W Dual USB Solar Charger
The Anker 15W Dual USB Solar Charger includes two durable solar panels that provide plenty of space to collect solar energy. This offer charges up to 2.1 amps in direct sunlight and even works for lower amps on cloudy days. With 15 watts of power available, it can charge up to two devices at the same time.
- This choice weighs under a pound and is less than an inch thick when folded flat, making it very portable.
- The charger is built to resist weather exposure and some water exposure.
- This charger may not last as long-term as some others on the list.
- The charger doesn’t include straps or carabiners for attachment.
Nekteck 21W Portable Solar Panel Charger
The Nekteck 21W Portable Solar Panel Charger features three built-in solar panels and a fold-out design. This option quickly detects devices when plugged in via USB charger and works with most modern smart devices. This offer weighs a little over a pound.
- This charger features a durable PET polymer case for extra safety and security outdoors.
- The charger provides a total of 3 amps of power in direct sunlight.
- Some iPhones specifically may not be compatible with this option.
- The included zipper pocket is not as waterproof as the rest of the charger.
BigBlue 28W Solar Charger
The BigBlue 28W Solar Charger combines efficiency with durability for a long-lasting solar charger. This choice features a PET polymer casing designed to resist water and a zippered closure for safekeeping. This option weighs 1.5 pounds and provides a thin, lightweight way to charge your devices when spending time in the great outdoors.
- This offer includes a built-in ammeter that show you how many amps you’re getting from a given charge.
- The charger easily detects most devices and works on a variety of smart devices.
- This charger cannot connect with the iPad Pro at all.
- The charger does not work in shade or on cloudy days and requires direct, clear sunlight.
Schumacher SP-100 10W Foldable Solar Charger
The Schumacher SP-100 10W Foldable Solar Charger comes with a built-in carrying pouch for durability and safety. This choice includes loops that make it easy to mount wherever you need to use it, and it features two spacious solar panels for plenty of charging capabilities.
- This charger comes in other sizes as well, including 2.4W, 4.8W, 5.5W, and 6W options.
- The charger holds up well to weather exposure.
- The cord on this offer may break easily.
- This option cannot work well on larger devices or on vehicle batteries, and is best used on phones and some tablets.
Did you find the best solar charger for your needs? There are a lot of options to pick from, and finding the right choice can take some time. It’s important to pay attention to the specifications for any charger you’re considering buying to make sure it works with your phone and other devices.
Here are some tips for making the most out of your solar iPhone charger:
- When your charger isn’t in use, make sure to keep it stored carefully. This way, you won’t risk damaging the solar charging components.
- Your solar charger needs plenty of time in the sun to work properly. Give it enough time in direct sunlight before you plug in any items.
- Don’t use your charger with any electronics it isn’t mean to charge. This could damage the charger or the electronic devices in extreme instances.
When you keep these suggestions in mind, you’ll get more enjoyment out of your solar phone charger. You’ll be able to make it last longer and keep up with charging your phone more easily, too.
Pick the best solar phone charger from the list above and enjoy the results!
Last update on 2022-07-10 at 12:38 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.