Our Featured Product
What is a solar jacket?
How does it work?
Does it charge devices, or does it do something else with solar energy?
Solar jackets are jackets that include at least one solar panel to harness energy from the sun. These solar panels then redirect that energy elsewhere in the jacket.
Some solar jackets use solar energy to create a glow-in-the-dark effect. These jackets look interesting, and they can be useful in emergency situations. However, they may not provide as many benefits as jackets that do more with their solar energy.
Other types of solar jackets use that power to charge smart devices and laptops. Using the solar energy picked up by the panel on the jacket, the jacket itself charges devices that are stored in interior pockets and protected from the elements outside.
In this article, we’ll show you an in-depth review of just such a jacket. You’ll be able to learn about how this jacket works, what it offers, and what it might be lacking, too. You can check out the different colors available and dive deeper into the world of solar jackets.
By the time you finish reading this article, you’ll be able to figure out whether or not a solar jacket for charging your smart devices is a good choice for you. Take your time looking through the information below to learn more.
Evolution Wear – Winter Solstice Solar Jacket
Are you looking for a convenient way to charge your devices when you’re hiking, camping, or just spending a lot of time in the great outdoors? If so, then the Evolution Wear – Winter Solstice Solar Jacket may be the right solution for you. This jacket features a sleek and sophisticated modern design that provides a slimming look and comfortable range of motion for any wearer. This option is made of high-quality materials and features a quilted inner lining to keep you warm while you’re outside.
This jacket comes from the Evolution Wear company, which focuses on providing high-quality and innovative charging methods to people who need them. When you need a way to stay warm and keep your devices ready to use at the same time, this jacket is sure to help.
- The jacket features a completely water repellent outer shell perfect for wind, rain, snow, and ice conditions.
- The jacket includes several pockets on the inside.
- The central pocket offers enough space to carry a 15-inch laptop or other device for charging via the jacket itself.
- The other two side pockets hold phones or tables as needed.
- The interior lining of the jacket is quilted and water resistant with a softer feel than the outside, so it keeps you comfortable and warm while providing plenty of convenience as a charger for your smart devices and computer.
What We Liked
- Our favorite feature of this jacket is its pocket mode. In this mode, you can change the zipper configuration of the jacket to open up even more storage space than it offers traditionally. With just a few quick changes and a couple of minutes, you can make the whole jacket basically a giant pocket that can keep everything you need close by you at all times.
- This mode is convenient for hiking and camping when you might be concerned about your devices and other items becoming too cold. Your body heat will keep them warm, and the jacket will keep them easily accessible.
What Could Be Improved
- The jacket can be very challenging to wash and keep clean. Because of its many different pockets and its zippered pocket mode, there are several areas that can easily be missed when it comes time to clean the jacket. Additionally, the company recommends dry cleaning only for this jacket.
- We feel the jacket would be greatly improved if it was a little bit easier to clean. Since it comes in a white version with blue trim, it is even more prone to showing dust and dirt in this form than in the black option.
- This jacket is made of 100% polyester fabric inside and out, which holds up well to a lot of use and doesn’t become torn or damaged very easily.
- The jacket comes with a large solar panel built into the back of the jacket to make it easier to collect solar energy for charging your devices.
- The jacket is available in a black version with white trim and accents as well as a white version with electric blue trim and accents.
- The jacket includes a removable hood, so you can keep your ears and head warm when needed and take it off quickly too.
- The jacket is not always available in every size, so it can be difficult to find the right fit for a given individual.
- Some customers may have some trouble getting their devices to charge with the solar energy of this jacket, although this problem is not very common.
- It is more difficult to charge all three devices at once than it is to charge them one at a time, although this is less convenient.
- The jacket is quite expensive and may be well over-budget for some customers, although its price reflects the value of the features it includes.
So what do you think? Is this solar jacket right for you? This type of jacket may entice you, and if so, you’re not alone. Many customers feel drawn into the concept of this convenient and techy jacket, and its eco-friendly features make it even more unique and interesting.
But do you really need a jacket like this? How do you know whether or not you need one?
- This kind of jacket isn’t right for everyone. However, if you spend a lot of time outdoors and worry about losing charges on your electronic devices, then it may be a great solution for your needs.
- Hikers, campers, and people who like outdoor sports and activities regularly enjoy using solar jackets to stay connected with the rest of the world.
- This jacket also makes an excellent addition to an emergency preparedness kit. If you go hiking and get lost in the woods, for example, having this jacket on hand can make it easier for you to access your phone for maps, contacts, and more.
- Additionally, the jacket works nicely for people who live in cities and spend a lot of time walking to and from work, shops, and home. Using a jacket like this can keep your devices charged and ready for use when you get to your destination.
Are you really likely to come across a jacket like this, though? Is this type of product mainstream, or is it harder to find?
Solar jackets are currently not very mainstream. When you do find them, they cost a lot of money and generally only come in a few styles. Since most of them are dry clean only, they cost even more to maintain and upkeep over time.
However, more and more companies are offering solar jackets for customers interested in this type of item. It’s likely that solar jackets will become more mainstream as time goes on, making it easier than ever before for people to stay connected and stay charged on the go.
Last update on 2022-07-10 at 12:38 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.