Our Choice Recommendation
- 3 Modes Solar Lights Outdoor Motion Sensor: 1st mode: the lights will stay on dim when no motion detected and then...
- Glass Lamination Solar Panels: Compare to other solar outdoor lights with PET solar panels in the market, our solar...
- Energy-saving Solar Motion Lights Outdoor: This light is solar powered, it would charge the battery during daytime...
What are garage lights?
Why might someone need these types of lights?
Are solar garage lights better than electrical ones?
Solar garage lights are any type of light designed to work on the outside of a garage. They mount to the side of the garage or house and collect solar energy through an attached panel component.
This type of garage light usually works better than the electrical kind. Here are a few reasons why:
- Solar lights come on as soon as the sun goes down. You don’t have to remember to turn them on or off, so you don’t have to end up caught outside without a light on.
- Solar lights don’t cost anything after the initial setup. They don’t add to your electric bill at all since they rely only on solar power.
- Solar lights don’t harm the environment. Electrical lights aren’t energy efficient, and if you forget to turn them off sometimes, they use up even more energy. Solar lights don’t have any of these issues.
There are many great reasons to consider a solar light for the outside of your garage. These lights come in a variety of types, sizes, shapes, and styles, so you can easily find the right fit for your home.
If you’re thinking of installing a solar light on your garage, we’ve got you covered. Below, we’ve gathered a list of some of our favorite solar lights on the market to help you decide.
Take your time looking through these options to find the perfect solar garage light for you!
2 Pack Outdoor Motion Sensor Security Light
This No products found. provides convenient motion sensor functions with a top-mounted solar panel. This choice features stable lighting with reduced flickering and remains well-lit and illuminated for longer stretches of time. This light installs quickly in just a few minutes with a convenient and simple three-step installation method, and it stays firmly in place afterward.
- This set of lights picks up motion from 3 to 5 meters away during the night.
- This light pack is waterproof and designed to work well in most climates and weather conditions.
- Some customers may receive products that are damaged or missing parts.
- Some lights may only last a few months before they stop holding a charge.
iThird LED Solar Powered Security Lights
With the iThird LED Solar Powered Security Lights, you can set up a bright motion sensor option with a top-mounted solar panel. This light activates at dusk and shuts off when the sun comes up again, during which time it absorbs solar energy for charging. This option features a sleek waterproof design that looks great on any home.
- This light is available in both a daylight option and a warm white option.
- The light runs for 8 to 12 hours easily on a charge of just 4 to 6 hours, depending on how much direct sunlight it receives.
- Some customers have trouble getting this light to operate when the temperature drops below freezing.
- Some lights may arrive not working, although the company will send a replacement if so.
26W LED Wall Light Pack
Set up this 26W LED Wall Light Pack when you want to install two durable garage lights on the outside of your home. This pack of lights provides constant lighting from dusk to dawn and charges via a solar panel mounted on the top and front of the frame.
- These lights come in a black frame and a white frame so you can match your home’s exterior perfectly.
- The light features a sensor that functions well.
- These lights do not feature motion sensing capabilities.
- The lights are very bright and may be too bright for some customers.
Litom Solar Motion Sensor Lights
With the No products found., you can install four durable lights with angled top-mounted solar panels and motion sensing capabilities. These lights feature multiple LED bulbs designed to give you as much illumination coverage as you need. They last for years when maintained properly and work in most weather conditions.
- These lights feature three different modes including high light, dim light, and medium light options.
- The lights can be used for motion detecting or for constant use.
- These lights may be too bright for some customers, especially with all four installed.
- Some lights may arrive blinking or not working correctly out of the box.
LeonLite 75W LED Barn Light
The LeonLite 75W LED Barn Light comes in either a brown mounting frame or a silver mounting frame to match most homes. This offer features a dome-style light and a dusk-to-dawn system that causes the light to come on at dusk and shut off again at dawn. This light can be mounted flush to the wall or on the included mounting arm.
- This light features both solar and wired electrical options so you always have light if one method fails.
- The frame is made of die-cast aluminum for long-lasting use and durability in inclement weather conditions.
- Some customers have issues with the photocell sensing daylight correctly.
- This light doesn’t always work well in subzero temperatures.
Did you find a solar light that works for you? There are a lot of styles and options to choose from, and finding the right solution can be tricky. You should take some time to consider the location where you plan to put your new light as well as any other factors that may get in the way of its solar absorption. It’s also important to think about the size and shape of light you want to install and how easy it will be for you to reach your light when it’s time to service it.
What should you look for when choosing your solar garage lights? Here are a few suggestions to remember when trying to narrow down the options and choose the right solar light:
- Pick a solar light that offers enough illumination for your garage, home, or yard. Some lights are stronger than others, so be careful about choosing one that works for your needs.
- Pick a solar light that aesthetically matches the outside of your home. You might want to avoid installing a light with a sharply contrasting color, for example.
- Pick a solar light that has solar panels in the right position for your needs. For example, if the installation location has sun beaming straight down most of the day, choose solar lights with panels directly on top if possible.
- Finally, pick a solar light that meets your HOA’s requirements if you have one. Some HOAs dictate the amount of light your garage lights can put out.
When you keep these tips in mind, you’ll be able to bring home the right light for your garage needs. Remember to stock up on extras if you’re looking for multiple lighting solutions around the outside of your home, and bring home at least two for your garage needs.
Whatever you end up deciding, if you go with one of the lights from the list above, you’re sure to be pleased with the results. Order your favorite and install it right away for bright, safe, comfortable lighting outside your garage!
Last update on 2022-07-11 at 06:08 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.