Our Choice Recommendation
- BE ACTIVELY ENERGY EFFICIENT: Please noted that this item not include “BATTTERY PACK”; Enjoy nature and...
- PROTECT YOURSELF, YOUR PLANET AND YOUR DEVICES: Why not to love? Put safety first with this mobile phone charger,...
- STAY CONNECTED, OFF THE GRID: Whether you are bringing along a tablet for GPS, a phone for photography, or an iPod...
What is a solar backpack?
What does it do?
What kind of person would benefit the most from having a product like this?
Solar backpacks are a type of backpack that feature a built-in solar panel. This solar panel is used to absorb solar energy and utilize it to charge devices from a variety of ports across the backpack.
There are many different styles of solar backpacks available. Some of these are bigger than others, and some have different functions or features than others. Finding the right solar backpack can take some time and may be a little challenging, so it’s important to take a look at all your options and see what you have to pick from.
In this article, you’ll find seven of the best backpacks with built-in solar panels and solar charging to help you meet any need. These backpacks are ideal for hikers and campers looking for a way to stay connected while enjoying time in the great outdoors, and they also work well for students.
Check out the list below to find the perfect new solar backpack to suit your needs.
Solar Backpack 7W Solar Panel Charge
With the Solar Backpack 7W Solar Panel Charge bag, you’ll be ready to stay connected on the go. This backpack comes with a built-in removable solar panel for charging purposes and does not include an additional backup battery pack. This option keeps devices charged easily while outdoors in bright sunlight.
- This backpack includes a 5-volt USB charger that can be used for phones, GPS devices and much more.
- The backpack comes in seven unique color combinations.
- The backpack may be too flimsy for some customers and doesn’t include any supportive structures.
- The side pockets may tear easily and pull apart at the seams.
LifePod Backpack with Solar Panel
Try the LifePod Backpack with Solar Panel when you’re looking for a simple but high-quality backpack to charge your smart devices. This backpack includes a built-in solar panel and a single USB charging port to make it easy to keep any device ready to go while you’re outside.
- The backpack is resistant to wind and rain.
- This backpack is made of lightweight material that doesn’t add much to the overall weight of the product.
- Some customers have had issues with the solar charger not working well on this offer.
- The backpack may not be supportive enough for long-term hiking use.
XTPower Hiking Solar Backpack
Choose the No products found. when you need something durable enough to hold up to hiking and camping needs. This backpack comes with a removable solar panel feature and is capable of providing up to 7 watts of charging power at one time.
- The backpack itself weighs less than two pounds and doesn’t add too much to the weight of your hiking gear.
- The backpack is built to hold up to both water and damage with a rip-resistant fabric.
- Rarely, some products may arrive missing the charging cable.
- This backpack only comes in a bright red option.
Sunnybag Explorer+ Solar Backpack Charger
Choose between black, orange, or gray when you go with the Sunnybag Explorer+ Solar Backpack Charger. This backpack comes a removable clip-on solar panel and a durable USB charging port. It’s designed to keep most smart devices and even laptops charged and ready for use in the great outdoors.
- The bag features a special laptop pocket with padding and enough space to hold most modern laptop sizes.
- The included solar panel provides 6 watts of power.
- Some customers have trouble with the included solar panel working right outo f the box.
- The charger may not work with all models of smartphones.
SolarGoPack Solar Powered Backpack
With the SolarGoPack Solar Powered Backpack, you can enjoy solar smart device charging on the go anywhere with direct sunlight. This backpack features a large removable solar panel and a micro-USB designed to work with many of the current smart devices on the market.
- This backpack provides 15 inches of height and 7 inches of width to hold all the basics you need to grab on the go.
- The backpack is durable and holds up well to use, making it a great choice for emergency preparedness kits.
- The backpack may not be as high-quality as the solar panel and may tear easily in some instances.
- The pocket layout may not be efficient for every customer.
Voltaic Systems Array Rapid Solar Backpack Charger
The Voltaic Systems Array Rapid Solar Backpack Charger is designed with laptops specifically in mind. This backpack includes a powerful solar-powered battery charger that can work even on a cloudy day. It’s capable of charging laptops in about six hours and smartphones in about one.
- The backpack is made of recycled plastic bottles and features UV-resistant materials.
- This backpack has enough power to charge DSLR cameras as well.
- This offer is a large backpack that may be too big in some instances when packed full.
- The charging ports are inconveniently located on this backpack.
XD Design Backpack Solar Panel Charger
The XD Design Backpack Solar Panel Charger is capable of holding up to 18 liters of items and features two types of USB chargers to meet all your needs. The backpack takes three to four hours to charge a phone when used in direct sunlight.
- The backpack includes internal compartments that can be adjusted depending on your needs.
- The backpack is made from recycled plastic bottles.
- The included chargers may not work for some customers.
- The backpack is pricey and can be difficult to find in stock.
With the right solar backpack, you’ll be ready to face any adventure that might come your way. These backpacks come in all sorts of shapes, sizes and styles, so take your time thinking about which one is best for you.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind and features to look for that can help you choose the right solar backpack for your needs:
- Pick a backpack that holds enough gear. Whatever you may be using it for, you need a backpack that works for its intended purpose and can hold everything you want to bring along with you.
- Choose a backpack that is comfortable for you to wear. An ergonomic backpack designed to reduce the impact on your neck and shoulders makes an ideal solution.
- Go with a backpack that provides enough solar charging energy to help you accomplish everything you need to do. Make sure it can charge all your devices and keep you powered up throughout your day.
- Choose a backpack that comes in the right style for your needs. Finding one in your favorite color is always a nice bonus, too!
- Finally, pick a backpack that has the additional features you’re looking for as well. Many of these backpacks include other features and qualities that make them stand out from one another.
By remembering these suggestions, you should have no problem bringing home the right solar backpack for your camping, hiking or emergency preparedness needs. You may even want to put it to use for everyday purposes, too!
Last update on 2022-07-11 at 04:55 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.